Note: The Ads that appear
on this page are under the
control of Google Ads,
which is a non-partisan site.
The Woman Who Died
of Aids Because of an HIV-Infected Needle in a Soft Drink Machine-Fiction!
alleged story of Jennifer Hudson, an Arizona woman who was nicked by
an HIV-infected needle and died of AIDS.
Truth This is a hoax. There are numerous versions of stories of
HIV-infected needles being hidden in soft-drink machines, theater
seats, and fast-food playgrounds, none of which is true. One
of the problems with this particular email is that it seems to say
that the woman who was stuck by the needle went to the hospital and
immediately tested positive for HIV. It takes from several
weeks to several months to test positive for HIV.
Additionally, the story says she died about a year after first being
infected, which is unlikely.
A real example of the story as it has been circulated:
. Here's my story. I was at
the bank and I
saw a soda machine. I put in a dollar bill, got my soda,
and went to
collect my 50 cents change. When I reached into the coin
return slot, I
felt a sharp prick in my finger. I pulled my finger out to
discover I was
bleeding. I looked into the slot and saw a needle along
with a note that
said "Welcome to my world...you now have HIV." I
went to the hospital and
tested positive for HIV. On that horrible afternoon, August
someone had given me AIDS. My life is coming to an end, and
it is my wish
that you will send this to everyone you know (and don't
something as simple as checking a coin return slot can save
your life. And
live each day to the fullest, don't put the little things
like simply going
out to smell a rose or watching children play in the park
off until "later."
Those are the true joys in life, and I'm begging you to
Jennifer Hudson, the love of my life, died on July 1st,
2 For 1
Special! SUBSCRIBE to
Our Email Alerts, Advisories, and Virus Warnings!CLICK HERE