Note: The Ads that appear
on this page are under the
control of Google Ads,
not TruthOrFiction.com,
which is a non-partisan site.
An "Amber
Alert" Has Been Issued to Help Find 9-Year-Old Nicholas Farber,
Kidnapped From California-Truth!
but
Resolved!
Summary
of the eRumor You are told of a new
"Amber Alert" to help find a 9-year-old boy named Nicholas
Farber who is missing.
The
Truth
This is a true story, but Nicholas
was found alive and unharmed and returned to his father.
The story caused alarm because Nicholas was violently kidnapped by
two masked men at 2 o'clock in the morning from his father's home in
Palm Desert, California on August 28, 2002.
He was found on August 30 in a campground in Jamul, California, not
far from San Diego. A spokesperson for the San Diego County
Sheriff's department said Nicholas was found in a motor home in the
campground with his mother and a an unidentified man. Both
were arrested. Nicholas had been the focus of a custody
dispute between his mother and father.
A real
example of the eRumor as it has appeared on the Internet:
Subject: AMBER ALERT !!!
New Amber Alert Issued!
Please help pass around this picture.
9-year-old Nicholas Farber was abducted from his home earlier today!
Authorities quickly issued an Amber Alert to find him. We need your help.
In an Amber Alert, authorities find missing kids by using every means
available to quickly spread the word about the loss. Newspapers,
television, and even street signs are all mobilized to recover the missing
child.
This Alert Works! 27 children have already been found thanks to the Amber
Alert. With your help, we can find Nicholas Farber.
Please click here to pass this page to as many people as possible right
now.
Do it now. As you know, speed is very important in these cases.
If you have any information please contact your local authorities.
Don't
miss out on our alerts!
Take adavantage of our 2 For 1 Special!
SUBSCRIBE to Our Email Alerts, Advisories, and Virus
Warnings! CLICK HERE
for details