By Bill Brown of the Billy Graham Team
Bill Brown, is a highly respected retired member of the Billy Graham
team so, I take his assessment of Obama very seriously and for that
reason accept his challenge to pass this on. I share his concern about
the 'rock star' image Obama has and watch with growing concern at the
celebrity status the media has foisted upon him. Here is hope this email
informs you in a wise way.
The Obama Tidal Wave
We are witnessing a political phenomenon with Barack Obama of rare
His speeches have inspired millions and yet most of his followers
have no idea of what he stands for except platitudes of 'Change' or that
he says he will be a 'Uniter'.
The power of speech from a charismatic person truly can be a powerful
thing. Certainly Billy Graham had charisma. Both his manner of speech
and particularly the content changed millions.
On the extreme other hand, the charisma of Adolph Hitler, too,
inspired millions and the results were catastrophic.
Barack Obama certainly is no Hitler or a Billy Graham, but for many
Americans riding on the Obama Tidal Wave it is just like a surfer who
might be ecstatic and euphoric while riding a tidal wave, but the
reality of the ride is what happens when it hits shore.
Just Some of What Defines Barack Obama:
· He voted for partial birth abortion.
· He voted no on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state
· Supports affirmative action in Colleges and Government (quotas).
· In 2001 he questioned harsh penalties for drug dealing as being too
· Says he will deal with street level drug dealing as minimum wage
· Admitted his use of marijuana and cocaine in high school and in
· His religious convictions are very murky.
· He is willing to meet with Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, Kim Jung Il and
· Has said that one of his first goals after being elected would be to
have a conference with all Muslim nations. Why?
· Opposed the Patriot Act.
& First bill he signed that was ever passed was campaign finance reform.
· Voted to allow law suits against gun manufacturers.
· Supports universal health-care.
· Voted yes on providing habeas corpus for Guantanamo detainees.
· Supports granting driver's licenses to illegal immigrants.
· Supports extending welfare to illegal immigrants.
· Voted yes on comprehensive immigration reform.
· Voted yes on allowing illegal aliens to participate in Social
· Wants to make the minimum wage a 'living wage'.
· Voted with Democratic Party 96 percent of 251 votes. (241 votes Demo,
10 votes Republican)
· Is a big believer in the separation of church and state?
· Opposed to any efforts to Privatize Social Security and instead
supports increasing the amount of tax paid into Social. Sec. Tax
· He voted No on repealing the Alternative Minimum Tax which now hits
middle income brackets. Tax Increase?
· He voted No on repealing the 'Death' Tax. Tax Increase?
· He wants to raise the Capital Gains Tax. Tax Increase?
· Has repeatedly said the surge in Iraq has not succeeded...which is not
· He is ranked as the most liberal Senator in the Senate today and that
takes some doing.
If your political choices are consistent with Barack Obama's and you
think that his positions will bring America together or make it a better
place, then you will probably enjoy the ride and not forward this Email.
If you are like most Americans that after examining what he stands for
are truly not in line with his record, it would be prudent to get off
the wave or better yet, never get on, before it comes on shore and
undermines the very foundations of this great Country. We have limited
time to save America or the Supreme Court as we know it.
Inaction is action.
If you agree this is important, pass it on. The mainstream media will
not do it for you!
Billy Graham Team, Retired