Kyle, the 14-year-old who died inhaling Dust-Off-Truth!

Kyle, the 14-year-old Who Died From Inhaling Dust-OffTruth!

Summary of eRumor:

The email is a long letter from a grieving father warning others about the potentially lethal effects of inhaling the compressed air product “Dust-Off.”
It describes the death of his 14-year-old son.

The Truth:


The “Jeff” of this email is Jeff Williams of Painesville Township, Ohio.
His son Kyle died on 3/2/05 after learning from friends about the brief high that can be experienced from inhaling the compressed air that spews from a can of Dust-Off, which is frequently sold at computer stores and used for cleaning hard-to-reach places in or on computers.

Williams first posted his note on a website then gave an interview to the Cleveland Plain Dealer newspaper.

Dust-Off is from Falcon Safety Products, which has posted a warning about misuse of Dust-Off.
Click Here for that page.

Dust-Off is just one of numerous products that is used by those who are involved in what is called “inhalant abuse.”
The National Institutes of Health has an extensive listing about it.
Click Here for that report.

Last updated 6/6/05