Prominent U.S. Senators and Mayors Outed As Members of KKK by Anonymous-Fiction!
Summary of eRumor:
A list of prominent U.S. senators and mayors who secretly belong to the KKK has been outed by a member of Anonymous, an activist group of hackers.
There’s no proof that a list of prominent U.S. senators and mayors released by a hacker belong to the KKK or other racist groups.
That rumor surfaced on October 31, 2015, after a list of prominent U.S. senators and mayors who supposedly belong to the KKK or other “racist related” groups was made public at PasteBin, a data and code-sharing site:
These are the officials that have political power in the usa that are associated with either kkk or racist related. addresses will not be released so nobody gets it in their mind to take out their own justice against them.
Brought to you by Amped Attacks: @sgtbilko420
1.United States Senator From North Carolina: Thomas Tillis aka Thom Tillis: Age 55: Wife Susan Tillis, Both living in: Cornelius, North Carolina.Known KKK Affiliated group:United Northern and Southern Knights of the Ku Klux Klan. Thornton.
2.United States Senator From Texas: John Cornyn: Age 63: Wife Sandy Cornyn, Both living in: Austin,Texas: Known KKK Affiliated Group: United White Knights Of The Ku Klux Klan.
3.United States Senator From Georgia: John Hardy Isakson: Age 70: Wife Dianne Davison: Both Living in: Marietta, Georgia. Known KKK Affiliated Group: Original Knight Riders Of the KKK.
4.United States Senator From Indiana: Dan Coats: age 72: Wife Marsha Coats, Both living in: Fort Wayne,Indiana. Known KKK Affiliated Group:United Northern and Southern Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
1. Knoxville,Tn Mayor: Madeline Anne Rogero: age 63: last known spouse Gene Monaco: Living in Knoxville,Tn: Known KKK Affiliated Group: KU KLOS KNIGHTS of the Ku Klux Klan.
2. Norfolk,Va Mayor: Paul D. Fraim: age 66: last known spouse elizabeth peer: Living in Norfolk,Va: Known KKK Affiliated Group:Traditionalist American Knights of the Ku Klux Klan:
3. Lexington,Kentucky Mayor: Jim Gray: age 62: no known wife/spouse: Living in Lexington,Kentucky: Known KKK Affiliated Group:United Northern and Southern Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
4. Ocala,Florida Mayor: Kent Guinn: age 60: Wife Sandra Guinn: both living in ocala,florida: Known KKK Affiliated Group: Traditionalist American Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
5. Fort Wayne,Indian Mayor: Tom Henry: age 63: last known spouse Cindy Kocks: lives in Fort Wayne: Known KKK Affiliated group: United Northern and Southern Knights of the Ku Klux Klan
…. as i have said the reason i do not list the addresses of these people i do not want anybody to easily see this and take criminal action against these racist scum… #Exposed #YouMadBro
“Amped Attacks,” the user who shared the list of prominent U.S. senators and mayors, didn’t provide any indication of where he got the names of politicians who supposedly belong to the KKK, or provide any data to back that claim up.
On November 2, Amped Attacks tweeted that he had released proof of the politicians’ involvement with the KKK to news media and would be “going dark” for a while:
Despite those claims, however, no actual proof has surfaced that links prominent U.S. senators and mayors to the KKK. An Anonymous Twitter account called Operation KKK distance itself from the list of so-called prominent KKK members:
Meanwhile, a number of politicians who were supposedly “outed” as secret members of the KKK publicly denounced those claims. Jim Gray, the Democratic Mayor of Lexington, said in a statement that he had “never belonged” to the KKk and was “opposed to everything it stands for.” Others made similar denials on Twitter.
The rumor appears to be related to a coordinated effort by Anonymous hackers to takedown KKK servers and to expose the identities of its members in early November, according to a group website:
Today we have shut down servers, gotten personal information on members of the KKK, and infiltrated your twitters and websites. And this is just the beginning. On November the 4th we will be having a twitter storm, spreading awareness about the operation. And on the 5th we shall release more than 1000 Ku Klux Klan members Names and websites, new and old.
It remains to be seen in Anonymous hackers will make good on those threats, but so far there’s been no proof that prominent U.S. senators and mayors secretly belong to the KKK.