Professor Ray Schneider: List of 59 Trump Accomplishments-Incorrect Attribution!
Summary of eRumor:
A list of 59 accomplishments by President Trump in the first seven months of his presidency that has been attributed to Ray Schneider, an associate professor emeritus at Bridgewater College, has been marking the rounds in forwarded emails and on discussion forums.
This list of President Trump’s accomplishments in the opening months of his presidency has been incorrectly attributed to Ray Schneider, an associate professor emeritus at Bridgewater College in Virginia.
Ray Schneider told us via email that he posted the “What Has President Donald Trump Done” commentary on his personal Facebook account on July 22, 2017. He said he doesn’t know its original source, and his email signature was incorrectly copied to the bottom of the commentary.
The commentary begins by stating that people who get their news from the main stream media only talk about “the phony Russia investigation” and goes on to say that “it’s time we fight back” by spreading a list of the president’s accomplishments.
The commentary lists President Trump’s legislative accomplishments, executive actions (like pulling out of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) and Paris Agreement), his appointment of U.S. Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch, as well as favorable economic indicators like median income, job creation numbers and consumer confidence.
We’re not going to fact check each of the 59 accomplishments listed. At first glance, many of them appear to be truthful. Others could be considered false or misleading, and others are disputable.
Claims about economic indicators, for example, are difficult to judge because they don’t provide specific time periods, or take into account economic trends when Trump took office. Trump’s critics would note that in October 2016, economists forecasted a stronger economy in 2017 in terms of wage growth, retail sales and manufacturing growth. It’s difficult to say how much Trump’s policies have swayed those projections one way or the other.
Other claims, like the one that President Trump had “reversed Dodd-Frank,” aren’t entirely accurate. The House had approved bills that would remove some banking rules under the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010, but these bills hadn’t been approved by the Senate or signed into law by President Trump. Trump also signed an executive order in April 2017 to end the ability of financial regulators to label financial institutions as “risky” without the president’s consent. Still, these actions only address certain provisions of Dodd-Frank, they don’t “reverse” the bill.
But the list of Trump’s accomplishments also includes plenty of accurate claims, like the one that “President Trump has worked with Congress to pass more legislation in his first 100 days than any President since Truman.” Franklin Roosevelt signed 78 bills into law in his first 100 days in office, and Harry Truman signed 53 bills. Trump, who signed 28 bills into law in the first 100 days, was in fact the most productive since Truman.
WHAT HAS PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP DONE SINCE HE HAS BEEN IN OFFICE
1. Supreme Court Judge Gorsuch
2. 59 missiles dropped in Syria
3. He took us out of TPP
4. Illegal immigration is now down 70%( the lowest in 17 years)
5. Consumer confidence highest since 2000 at index 125.6
6. Mortgage applications for new homes rise to a seven year high
7. Arranged from 7% to 24% Tariff on lumber from Canada
8. Bids for border wall are well underway
9. Pulled out of the lopsided Paris accord
10. Keystone pipeline approved
11. NATO allies boost spending by 4.3%
12. Allowing VA to terminate bad employees
13. Allowing private healthcare choices for veterans
14. More than 600,000. Jobs created
15. Median household income at a 7 year high
16. The Stock Market is at the highest ever in its history
17. China agreed to American import of beef
18. $89 Billion saved in regulation rollbacks
19. Rollback of A Regulation to boost coal mining
20. MOAB for ISIS
21. Travel ban reinstated
22. Executive order for religious freedom
23. Jump started NASA
24. $600 million cut from UN peacekeeping budget
25. Targeting of MS13 gangs
26. Deporting violent illegal immigrants
27. Signed 41 bills to date
28. Created a commission on child trafficking
29. Created a commission on voter fraud
30. Created a commission for opioids addiction
31. Giving power to states to drug test unemployment recipients
32. Unemployment lowest since May 2007
33. Historic Black College University initiative
34. Women In Entrepreneurship Act
35. Created an office for illegal immigrant crime victims
36. Reversed Dodd-Frank
37. Repealed DOT ruling which would have taken power away from local governments for infrastructure planning
38. Order to stop crime against law enforcement
39. End of DAPA program
40. Stopped companies from moving out of America
41. Promoted businesses to create American Jobs
42. Encouraged country to once again – ‘Buy American and hire American’
43. Cutting regulations – 2 for every one created
45. Review of all trade agreements to make sure they areAmerica first
46. Apprentice program
47. Highest manufacturing surge in 3 years
48. $78 Billion promised reinvestment from major businesses like Exxon, Bayer, Apple, SoftBank, Toyota
49. Denied FBI a new building
50. $700 million saved with F-35 renegotiation
51. Saves $22 million by reducing white house payroll
52. Dept of Treasury reports a $182 billion surplus for April 2017 (2nd largest in history)
53. Negotiated the release of 6 US humanitarian workers held captive in Egypt
54. Gas prices lowest in more than 12 years
55. Signed An Executive Order To Promote Energy Independence and Economic Growth
56. Has already accomplished more to stop government interference into people’s lives than any President in the history of America
57. President Trump has worked with Congress to pass more legislation in his first 100 days than any President since Truman
58. Has given head executive of each branches 6 month time frame, dated March 15, 2017, to trim the fat, restructure and improve efficiency of their branch.(Observe the push-back the leaks the lies as entrenched POWER refuses to go silently into that good night!)
59. Last, refused his Presidential pay check. Donated it to Veterans issues
I hope each and every one of you copy and paste this every where, every time you hear some dimwit say Trump hadn’t done a thing!
Ray Schneider, PhD
Associate Professor Emeritus
It took 32 years for the 3 prior administrations to totally destroy this nation and her people, and Trump’s first 6 months to begin a major unwind of all the prior traitorous issues.
Pretty da*n good for the first 6 months – wouldn’t you say?
We owe President Trump a sincere debt of our gratitude.