AIDS infected needle in soft drink machine-Fiction!

The Woman Who Died of Aids Because of an HIV-Infected Needle in a Soft Drink MachineFiction!

Summary of eRumor:
The alleged story of Jennifer Hudson, an Arizona woman who was nicked by an HIV-infected needle and died of AIDS.
The Truth:
This is a hoax.  There are numerous versions of stories of HIV-infected needles being hidden in soft-drink machines, theater seats, and fast-food playgrounds, none of which is true.  One of the problems with this particular email is that it seems to say that the woman who was stuck by the needle went to the hospital and immediately tested positive for HIV.  It takes from several weeks to several months to test positive for HIV.  Additionally, the story says she died about a year after first being infected, which is unlikely.

Comments