Illinois Resident Patty Nye Blasts Senator Dick Durbin for Calling Seniors “Greediest Generation”-Fiction!
Summary of eRumor:
Illinois resident blasted U.S. Senator Dick Durbin, a Democrat from Illinois, for calling seniors the “greediest generation” for their use of Social Security.
Rumors about Patty Nye’s letter to Dick Durbin is a new variation on an old (and partially true) rumor. The story goes Durbin compared Social Security to “a milk cow with 310 million teats” and called senior citizens the greediest generation ever for their reliance on it. Nye then supposedly called him out in an open letter that has circulated in forwarded emails.
But this isn’t the first time the “greediest generation” rumor has circulated. Former U.S. Sen. Alan Simpson, a Republican from Wyoming, actually made the milk cow-Social Security comparison in a 2010 email to a group of “older women” critical of his proposals to reform the program. He didn’t, however, say that senior citizens were the greediest generation ever (at least in the email). Here’s the excerpt:
Anyway, have a look at it and if you should choose, you might communicate with me. If you have some better suggestions about how to stabilize Social Security instead of just babbling into the vapors, let me know. And yes, I’ve made some plenty smart cracks about people on Social Security who milk it to the last degree. You know ‘em too. It’s the same with any system in America. We’ve reached a point now where it’s like a milk cow with 310 million tits! Call when you get honest work!
Simpson caught plenty of flack for the comments at the time. And an open letter by a woman identified as Patty Myers from Montana began to circulate in 2011. Earlier versions of the letter were unsigned, and Myers’ identity has never been verified.
Later, variations of the greediest generation quote and follow-up later emerged. One of them attributed the “greediest generation” quote to Dick Durbin and the follow-up letter to an Illinois woman named Patty Nye. Given the earlier history, these claims are obviously false. Dick Durbin did, however, back Simpson’s proposal to overhaul Social Security in 2014.
One really p’o’d lady!j
Dick Durbin, a Senator from llinois calls senior citizens the Greediest Generation as he compared “Social Security ” to a Milk Cow with 310 million teats. Here’s a response in a letter from PATTY NYE from Illinois … I think she is a little ticked off! She also tells it like it is!
“Hey Dick, let’s get a few things straight!!!
1. As a career politician, you have been on the public dole (tit) for FORTY YEARS.
2. I have been paying Social Security taxes for 48 YEARS (since I was 15 years old. I am now 63).
3. My Social Security payments, and those of millions of other Americans, were safely tucked away in an interest bearing account for decades until you political pukes decided to raid the account and give OUR money to a bunch of zero losers in return for votes, thus bankrupting the system and turning Social Security into a Ponzi scheme that would make Bernie Madoff proud.
4. Recently, just like Lucy & Charlie Brown, you and “your ilk” pulled the proverbial football away from millions of American seniors nearing retirement and moved the goalposts for full retirement from age 65 to age, 67. NOW, you and your “shill commission” are proposing to move the goalposts YET AGAIN.
5. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying into Medicare from Day One, and now “you morons” propose to change the rules of the game. Why? Because “you idiots” mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an extent that you need to steal our money from Medicare to pay the bills.
6. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying income taxes our entire lives, and now you propose to increase our taxes yet again. Why? Because you “incompetent bastards” spent our money so profligately that you just kept on spending even after you ran out of money. Now, you come to the American taxpayers and say you need more to pay off YOUR debt.
To add insult to injury, you label us “greedy” for calling “bullshit” to your incompetence.
Well, Captain Bullshit, I have a few questions for YOU:
1. How much money have you earned from the American taxpayers during your pathetic 40+ year political career?
2. At what age will you retire from your pathetic political career, and how much will you receive in annual retirement benefits from the American taxpayers?
3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health insurance?
4. What cuts in YOUR retirement and healthcare benefits are you proposing in your disgusting deficit reduction proposal, or as usual, have you exempted yourself and your political cronies?
It is you, Captain Bullshit, and your political co-conspirators called Congress who are the “greedy” ones. It is you and your fellow nutcase thieves who have bankrupted America and stolen the American dream from millions of loyal, patriotic taxpayers.
And for what? Votes and your job and retirement security at our expense, you lunk-headed, leech.
That’s right, sir. You and yours have bankrupted America for the sole purpose of advancing your pathetic, political careers. You know it, we know it, and you know that we know it.
And you can take that to the bank, you miserable son of a bitch.
P.S. And stop calling Social Security benefits “entitlements”. WHAT AN INSULT!!!!
I have been paying in to the SS system for 45 years “It’s my money”-give it back to me the way the system was designed and stop patting yourself on the back like you are being generous by doling out these monthly checks .
EVERYONE!! If you agree with what a Illinois citizen, Patty Nye, says, please PASS IT ON!!!!