Ants can invade your brain, so don't eat sweets at bedtime-Fiction!
Don't Eat Sweets At Bedtime Because Ants May Invade Your Brain-Fiction!
Summary of eRumor:Two stories are told in this email.
One is of a boy who died because of ants in his brain. He fell asleep with sweets either in his mouth or nearby and the ants that were attracted got into his brain through the ears. After complaining of discomfort, the boy was taken to the doctor who discovered through an x-ray that there were ants living in the boy's brain. The doctor could not do surgery because the ants were moving around, so the boy died.
The other story is about a patient in a hospital in Taiwan who didn't listen when nurses warned him not to eat sweets in bed. He later died and an autopsy found live ants in his brain.
The Truth:These stories are both fiction, classic urban legends. There are no documented cases of ants entering the brain and living there..
A real example of the eRumor as it has appeared on the Internet:
Subject: BEWARE of ANTS !!!
A little boy died because surgeons found ants in his brain! Apparently
this boy had fell asleep with some sweets in his mouth or with some
sweet stuff beside him. Ants soon got to him and some ants in fact crawled into his ear which somehow managed to go to his brain. When he woke up, he did not realize that ants had gone to his head.
After that, he constantly complains about itchiness around his face.
His mother brought him to see a doctor but the doctor could not figure
out what was wrong with him. He took an X-ray of the boy and to his
horror, he found a group of live ants in his skull. Since the ants are still
live, the doctor could not operate on him cuz the ants are constantly moving about.
The boy at ! last died. So please be careful when leaving food stuff
beside your bed or when eating in bed. This might attract ants. Most
importantly, NEVER eat a sweet before going to bed. You might fall asleep and suffer same fate as the little boy.
Another similar incident happened in the hospital in Taiwan. This man
was warded in the hospital and was constantly warned by the nurses not to leave food stuff by his bedside for there are ants about. He did not head their advice. Ants finally got to him. His family members said that the man constantly complain about headaches. He died and a post mortem or autopsy was done on him. Doctors found a group of live ants in
his head. Apparently, the ants had been eating bits of his brain.
Ughhhhhhh!!! So dear friends, better be safe than sorry!! Never leave
food stuff beside your side when you go to sleep!!!!!